PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Broken Tooth: A Lioness at Masai Mara

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-10-2013, 01:51 PM
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_5d_mark_iii/)

Exposure
(1/400)

Aperture
f/5.0

Focal Length
500 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
0 EV

</tbody>

Rachel Hollander
09-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi Sanjeev - your pp is really coming along. Looks like the whites to the right of the mouth are blown but otherwise this has nice detail. If it were mine, I would lighten the eyes slightly and also apply another round of sharpening to the head. Nice one.

TFS,
Rachel

Diane Miller
09-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Wow -- I feel like I'm right there! God suggestion on the eyes. I'd take a little off the left and add a very slight amount to the right, if you have it. It's a bit too half-and-half for me, but that's a personal opinion thing. It's a gorgeous image!

edwardselfe
09-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Very nice study. I would consider losing the grass on the rhs and apply more sharpening. Love the way both her ears are forward - not always a given when cats have a camera pointed at them.
Ed

Markus Jais
09-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Wonderful portrait. I like the open mouth. Great composition.

Markus

Gregor Bergquist
09-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I agree with above comment. Very nice one. Color of BG works very good with the lion. :cheers:

Andreas Liedmann
09-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi Sanjeev ,
your back on the track, PP wise.
Really lovely processed this good looking portrait.

Just watch the red channel almost more or less blown in the highlights.One way would be copy the green channel into the red one in luminosity mode , so you have no color shifts.and there other options as well.
Agree with Rachel about lightening the eyes slightly and would like to add a bit more tonal contrast via green channel in soft light blend mode , but use selectively.
Square would be an option , too, even if i prefer the 3by2 ratio.

TFS Andreas

hennieloots
09-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Sanjeev - beautiful image. I like the comp, pose and the open mouth adds. I agree with removing the grass as mentioned. i like the colors and background very much.
Regards
Hennie

Loi Nguyen
09-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Sanjeev, nice portrait. You had good suggestion above. I'd suggest to go vertical with this one. Loi

Morkel Erasmus
09-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I echo Rachel's comments about your PP coming along very nicely.
Ditto the whites, I would tone overall brightness/exposure down by about a 1/3 stop to bring more depth to the finer details too.

BenBotha
09-13-2013, 02:57 AM
I agree with some of the comments,IMO 2 slight problems-the whites washed out on side of face and the eyes (R side) and surrounds need to be lighter. Sharpness is fine.

Ben