PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Fish Box....

Arthur Morris
09-10-2013, 03:15 AM
When there were not too many bears around on the recently-concluded Bear Boat IPT I looked for some surreal salmon carcasses and photographed them with the 24-105mm IS L lens and my 5D Mark III. In-camera Art Vivid HDR. Gotta run and catch our plane to the Dahlia Farm IPT!

Nancy Bell
09-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Great colors and lines in the leaves & rocks, especially on the right side, but there is no doubt this is a dead fish :eek3:! I also love using Art Vivid in the 5D Mark III. Looking forward to those bear images!

Paul Lagasi
09-12-2013, 03:14 PM
The colors and sharpness are very nice, sometimes when our main quarry does not co-operate we have to find other things to photograph. I may have cropped it differently but a solid image. Thanks for sharing.
I met more BPN'ers in Alaska this year than bears....

Christopher Miller
09-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Well seen, Artie. Love all the colors and details. The stark blankness of the salmon's eye(or maybe it's just the eye socket, I can't tell) is very jarring.

Cindy Cone
09-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Nice use of the in-camera Art Vivid. A good reminder to always look around to see what might be interesting to photograph, in addition to our main subject. I like the colors and details, agree with Christopher about the eye. I might try cropping an inch or so from the top. Thanks for sharing, Artie.

Arthur Morris
09-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks all. Yes to the eye socket. Thanks for the crop suggestions. I actually went more pano by removing a section below the top and re-working it so as not to lose the two rocks upper left.

Cindy Cone
09-16-2013, 06:47 PM
I like the pano comp rework. Keeping the rocks in worked well.