PDA

View Full Version : OC

Nick Palmieri
09-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Been so busy I have not had a chance to post this summer. This is from July at Nickerson Beach LI. I loved his pose as he was running around the surf getting his breakfast, I think he was not happy with another bird. Removed some bright highlights off the beak. 1DMK4, 600mm, ISO 1000, f/5.6, SS 1/1000

gail bisson
09-09-2013, 07:34 AM
I agree with you that the pose is lovely. Very animated and perky!
I am OK with the beach debris but would crop up from the bottom to get rid of the darker blue band and the big clump of OOF vegetation. I think that would also give you a more pleasing crop ratio.
Light is lovely.
Might also evict the white area behind the tail and definitely tone down the white surf in front of head.
Glad to see you back posting,
Gail

Grace Scalzo
09-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Nick, Cute pose and the bird's angle in the frame works here as clearly something has his attention. The included habitat works, but I'd loose the dark strip on the bottom as my eye is drawn to it. I like the motion blur in the legs.

Lyle Gruby
09-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Very nice light. I agree with the comments above, you also have a dust spot to the left of the bird's tail. A lower angle (if possible) i think would have improved your shot here.

Shawn Zierman
09-09-2013, 08:44 AM
One of the more dynamic animated oystercatcher images I've seen in a while. Full of life, and captured in great light quality. Agree with cropping up from the bottom. I think you controlled the reds on the bill admirably.

Stu Bowie
09-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi Nick, you have nailed the exposure on the OC so well, and well timed to get both the raised foot and open beak. Gail's crop suggestion is a good one.

hennieloots
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi Nick - Enjoyed your image a lot. Very lively and the vivid colors of the eye and beak as well as the pose adds to this. Agreed on the crop suggestions already made. TFS.
Regards
Hennie

Melissa Groo
09-09-2013, 04:29 PM
I love the dynamism of this too, Nick. Your photograph is full of life and color, such a treat to view. I would crop a bit from the bottom too.

David Salem
09-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Great looking pose and a beautiful adult bird. Nice pose with the open beak and the open stride. Good looking details and exposure. Yes to cropping off the bottom to reduce the FG debris. Very nice Nick.

Martin Dunn
09-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Wonderfully bright and colourful shot. Capturing the OC mid stride adds life to the photograph.
For me the composition is a bit central. Ideally I'd like to see a bit more space to the left (in front of the bird) and I would chop off a small amount from the bottom of the image - the dark bit immediately below the reflection.

Satish Ranadive
09-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Superb image in beautiful lights.I like the colors,nice pose with open beak and raised foot. Love the eye.
Agree with suggestions by Gail.

Regards,
Satish.