PDA

View Full Version : Wryneck

Ivan Ellison
09-07-2013, 07:56 AM
A not too common bird in the UK but we have had a few come over from the continent recently . This was taken on the 5th Sept at Holme nature reserve in Norfolk- had a couple of days away with my wife and managed a few hours birding. Some of the recent birds have been very confiding and have given some real close ups, this one was not one of them and after feeding on ants for some 10 mins flew onto some bushes and posed in the evening light. I took a chance and got a big closer to it, eventually to about 20 m's. it then flew off not to reappear again that evening. Canon 1D mk IV, Canon 500 f4 is + 1.4 conv. 1/1000 sec. f 71. ISO 640. Cropped to 25 % of orig, cloned some branches out from around the bird, sharpened the bird and ran the blur tool over the bg. nothing else.

Lyle Gruby
09-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Beautiful bird and light. The IQ has held up ok, but the scene is a little too busy for me.

Markus Jais
09-08-2013, 04:03 AM
Great shot, I like the warm light and the thorny perch. Great that the Wryneck turn it's head a little towards the camera.

Markus

Marina Scarr
09-12-2013, 09:00 AM
What a very interesting bird. YOu have lovely light, a nice pose and backgroudn (BG). Too bad the bird hadn't landed on the top perch.