PDA

View Full Version : Mini-tutorial - getting chiaroscuro in the camera

Kerry Perkins
09-06-2013, 08:42 PM
I did this small tutorial a few years back and thought it would be fun to revisit it. Here is the link - OOTBWorkflow: Chiaroscuro mini-tutorial (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?68620-Chiaroscuro-mini-tutorial)

This tutorial is also in the workflow sticky thread at the top of the forum page.

P.S. - the gosling image is taken straight from the camera

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Kerry,

Greetings. Thanks for posting a pointer to the workflow (I remember looking at this some time ago).

Not sure if you posted the gosling image to show sooc, but as for a finished chiaroscuro I would want the heads brightened up a fair amount to shift focus off the neck of the right gosling.

I like the duo front & side view. Strange how they both seem to be making eye contact.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Kerry Perkins
09-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks Michael, I had posted this image three years ago and got the same suggestion. :c3: I was really only including it to show the concept, but I agree with your assessment. I thought the image looked a lot like some of the paintings that used this technique, sometimes this era of art history is called the dark ages. :w3

Paul Lagasi
09-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Perfect example...thanks for tutorial

Cindy Cone
09-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Great photo and I appreciate the tutorial.