PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Old Elephant Print

Christopher Miller
09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Another elephant photo from the zoo. I had the theme in mind when I processed this one, so I darkened the BG and parts of the elephant to give it the right look. I also converted it to B&W using Nik Silver Efex and added three Shadowhouse textures.

Cindy Cone
09-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Very fine image, Christopher. Wonderful use of light and shadow for the chiaroscuro theme. Love the light on the one eye, making that the focal point for great composition. And of course, your masterful work with textures completes it. A great vintage safari look. Well done!

Nancy Bell
09-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Very well done, and the textures are added brilliantly! I agree with Cindy that the light on the side of the face, including the eye, creates a great focal point. This is an emotional image that says to me this elephant has seen hard work and is wise, and tired.

Kerry Perkins
09-06-2013, 08:09 PM
A classic look from the Master of time and texture. :S3: I especially appreciate the tonal range and gradients you have made in this image. The emphasis on the left side of the elephant's face really adds dimensionality and illustrates the use of light to accentuate shadows. Well done sir!

Jackie Schuknecht
09-08-2013, 06:17 PM
It looks like he is in a dust bowl Christopher! I might increase the contrast a bit, but maybe you were going for more midtones. hence, faded. Nice texture work.

Christopher Miller
09-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks a lot, Cindy, Nancy, Kerry, and Jackie. Much appreciated!

Jackie, before the textures, the image had more contrast. The textures really faded it which, yes, was my goal.