PDA

View Full Version : Tommy in the rain

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-04-2013, 02:28 PM
This was at Lake Nakuru. There was a light drizzle and it was a good setting to shoot tame mammals, though the light was a bit low.
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_5d_mark_iii/)

Exposure
(1/320)

Aperture
f/5.6

Focal Length
700 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
+1/3 EV

</tbody>

Morkel Erasmus
09-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Nice side-on pose here Sanjeev. I think you would have been better off shooting without the converter here as it's just too tight top and bottom for me...you needed a sliver more "breathing room".
I'm seeing some magenta and blue coming through in the horns, the ears and the whites in general.
I wonder if using f8 would have rendered the falling raindrops more defined, as they add to the image for me?

Rachel Hollander
09-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice to see a tommy, so often overlooked photographically. Morkel covered all the major issues for me- tightness of comp and color casts. I also think the blacks on the tommy are a little choked and that the head can use additional sharpening.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Canuel
09-04-2013, 07:36 PM
A little tight for me but a great looking animal with some nice IQ.

Roman Kurywczak
09-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Tightness mentioned and other great advice above......nice to see you didn't forget the tommies!

Markus Jais
09-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Very cute. Fantastic shot with great image quality. Like the soft light. The rain is a great bonus.

Markus

hennieloots
09-07-2013, 07:31 AM
I like the shot. I agree with the rain giving this image something extra; I would also have like the drop to be more defined. IMHO the focus is on the horns and not the eye, which is a small nit as the overall IQ and mood set is awesome. TFS