PDA

View Full Version : Standing on the Precipice

Roman Kurywczak
09-04-2013, 12:29 PM
From Iceland in a remote location. Got very close to the edge with my new toy....the Sigma 12-24mm lens. I manually blended 2 exposure.....one of the sky and one for the FG and falls.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 12-24 @ 12mm at ISO 100 f/22 for 0.3 sec. (FG)....will search for sky settings.....tripod mounted. Saved at 81Q to fit.

Markus Jais
09-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Beautiful shot. I like the composition and the colors of the water. Good placement of the horizon and the mountain.

Markus

Andrew McLachlan
09-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi Roman, nice to have you back from Iceland and with such a beautiful image. Love the color of the water downstream from the falls and the details throughout the composition. I am hoping to get my hands on this lens for an upcoming to trip to Lake Superior.

dankearl
09-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Roman,
Another stunning scene from Iceland!
The only tweak for me would be a small crop off the bottom, right up to just below the water.
I think it minimizes the massive rock a bit.

Don Railton
09-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi Roman

Very Nice... I like the waterfalls and the river colour amongst the stark rock. I probably would prefer to see all the river and a bit less LHS but I like the position of the falls as is, so... cannot have it all. I find the water colour interesting, is the river Galcier feed?

DON

Roman Kurywczak
09-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Yes Don, it is glacier fed.....unfortunately.....nowhere to stand to get upriver angle. I shouldn't have been standing where I was!

Dan, I did explore that crop.....felt it cut the lower curve out and took away but it is always an option for me :).

Andrew.......you will love the lens! Tough to work with filters so I did exposure blends. My recommendation to you is to get 4x6 solid ND's so you can HH them in front of the lens.....that is what I intend to do.

Rachel Hollander
09-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi Roman - Beautiful color to the water and I like the placement of the waterfall. Nice detail throughout and it looks like the 2 images was the way to go as the sky looks good too. Iceland is definitely on my list.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
09-05-2013, 04:33 PM
It's a lovely perspective and scene, Roman. To my eye the midground-to-background doesn't seem as sharp as it needs to be...perhaps a function of web sharpening?

Don Lacy
09-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Wonderful scene Roman love the sense of vastness created with the WA.

Valerio Tarone
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi Roman, wonderfull scene, like the waterfall. I agree with Dankearl to crop the bottom because there 4 Elements(ROT) not 3, it's often better not include too many elements. I read you considered it, OK.
I should to visit Iceland ..a daY.