PDA

View Full Version : Puffins on Skokholm

Nigel Cooke
09-03-2013, 11:07 PM
What a wonderful island Skokholm is - had the privilege of spending a few days there back in June of this year. (already booked up for next years trip already). Sadly the Puffins, as a lot of wildlife, were a little bit behind in their regular schedules with very little sand eels being brought back to hungry chicks at that time. Still they made such fascinating subjects and having several days with them meant being able to try out some different compositions and ideas.

On the final evening we had the most glorious sunset going on so I went to find an area where the Puffins would be back-lit. If I'm being picky I'd have loved a few more Puffins on the ground to fill the frame.

Cheers,

Nigel

Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: Canon 400mm f/2.8
Shot Details: ISO 1000, 1/1000, f8

http://nigelcookephotography.smugmug.com/PrintsForSale/For-Sale/i-xBJV4k6/0/M/Puffin_Flying_Skokholm-M.jpg

jack williamson
09-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Beautiful light on the water Nigel, I might try a version without the bottom most puffin and see how that looked. I would also like to see this posted larger.

Jack

Marina Scarr
10-02-2013, 12:04 PM
This is really quite a powerful and lovely image. I have always loved silhouettes, and wished to see more of them on BPN. The one puffin in flight really helps to balance the image. Well seen and executed!!!