PDA

View Full Version : Waves

Jackie Schuknecht
09-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Spent some time at our cottage at Lake Huron over the w/e and did this zoom blur of the waves. Put it through Topaz Simplify>Oil Paint, and then NIK d/l center, and then finally added a border. Also a boost in saturation and vibrance.

Cindy Cone
09-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Beautiful colors and soft mood, Jackie. Just the right amount of blur, and I love the breaking wave in the foreground. I'm trying to decide if I like the darker aqua section at the upper left. At first I thought it was a little distracting, but now I think it's a nice balance to the darker brown tones closer to shore.

Kerry Perkins
09-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Hi Jackie, I love the colors too. The overall effect is of a nice painting that you would see in a beach house. The composition is nice too with the many layers of color and texture.

Cheryl Slechta
09-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Hi, Jackie, just the right amount of zoom - like Kerry said it would make a nice beach house painting. I think you could do a crop from the bottom as an alternate composition but I like it just the way it is.:S3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Jackie,

Greetings. I like the overall feel of this image (and particularly the color)... I can feel the peaceful, hypnotic rhythm of waves on the shore. To my eye, the issue with zoom blurs in general is the centering focus which is less appealing to me in many compositions. Here the upper part of the image draws focus on the center which is less the center of interest (IMO) than the left foreground.

Here is something that works for me... a little warp transform (you can see the warp n the border) to pull the top left over a bit to shift the focus of the blur to the left.

Just a thought... ymmv.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Christopher Miller
09-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Lovely colors, Jackie! I love the combination of brown and aqua. The sense of motion with the waves and the zoom blur is perfect.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the comments, I like the colours, but am undecided about the turquoise patch in the ULC, since Cindy pointed it out. The rest of it I like.