PDA

View Full Version : Chestnut- backed Chickadee

Roy Priest
09-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Taken a few minutes ago in my backyard. I've had a terrible spring and summer due to family obligations and my father's illness. Haven't had any time to get out so have to do with backyard shooting when I can and when the birds are available.
Wondering if this is worth keeping or not. I didn't apply any sharpening, just us the shake reduction filter in PS CC.
Nikon D4, 1/800 @ 5.6, ISO 1600, 500TF4 Handheld.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Roy,

Greetings. I don't have much experience with the Shake Reduction filter, but I'm guessing there are similarities to Topaz InFocus. In any event, I think this could use a little more Artifact Suppression, less Smoothing, but that is just a guess. The top of the head seems to have lost detail while exhibiting white speckles (a sign of artifacts).

1/800 at 500mm HH is a bit of a stretch for the fluttering, methinks. Though, the moment is good with the fruit & all. With the D4 you should be up at ISO3200 for 1/1600th.

Cheers,

-Michael-

jack williamson
09-05-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't know Roy, the whole bird appears to suffer from motion blur. I am sorry to hear that your father is ill, I hope for the best for you and your family.

Jack