PDA

View Full Version : Hoopoe

Petros Petrou
09-02-2013, 01:23 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Hoopoe is not a rare species here (if you know where to look for them) but they usually stay on the ground feeding or high on the trees.
I am glad I managed to get close to this one.
Canon 7D, ISO 400, 1/1250 sec, f/8, EV +0.33. This is full frame.
All comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Petros

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Κανονικός πίνακας"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

gail bisson
09-02-2013, 01:27 PM
This is lovely!
Great light and BG. The BG has some great colors in it. Excellent IQ.
You have a nice head turn and terrific DOF.
If this was mine I would be tempted to clone out the branch that is touching the birds' shoulder but that is a very minor personal preference nit!
Gail

Stu Bowie
09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi Petros, one of the best hoopoe images I have seen, and love the setting. I like the light, colours are spot on, and the BG is sweet. If this were mine, I would try and remove the OOF branches at the back of the main perch.

Markus Jais
09-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Wonderful shot of this beautiful bird. Great light, colors and background.
I like the perch.
Markus

Iain Barker
09-02-2013, 05:32 PM
I really like this image petros.
The colours are great. I agree on maybe cloning out parts of the perch but do like it as it is.

Loi Nguyen
09-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Nice and strange looking bird, good light, colors and sharpness, good BG. The perch is just a bit busy, but there is not much you can do about it. Loi

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Fantastic bird, ligha and pose. I do like the clean BG very much and sharpness. Keep it up!

Nick Palmieri
09-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Nice pose and perch. Agree with others about branch touching shoulder and OOF focus branches... but either way beautiful job!

jack williamson
09-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I agree with Stuart, this is one of the best Hoopoe images I have seen, clean the perch up some ( the OOF parts, the one touching the shoulder) and this is a killer image! Awesome BG.

Jack

John Rowell
09-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Very nice image, agree with previous comments on the perch. Terrific overall IQ

Frank Schauf
09-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Very nice pose and colors.

Grace Scalzo
09-03-2013, 08:21 AM
This is beautiful , love the bg and perch. A bit of clean up here and there would not hurt.

Daniel Cadieux
09-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Awesome!! The comp, perch, and BG all super. Nice details and colours. Too bad about those OOF branches (personally I would not have the patience to remove them in post) and although the HA is OK a bit more turn towards us would have been killer. Still a fantastic image, well done!!

Melissa Groo
09-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Yes on all the accolades as above. Fantastic portrait of this gorgeous bird. I too wish for a slight head turn towards us, but I would be absolutely thrilled to have captured this.

Roman Kurywczak
09-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Fantastic all around for me! Some good tweak suggestions if within your ethics but this is just super!

Jim Crosswell
09-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I like the light, pose, sharpness, BG and composition. I would like to see this bird one day. Very well done!

mohammad reza shahab
09-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Great light, colors and good comp.very nice BG & perch.