PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Profile

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-01-2013, 08:04 AM
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_5d_mark_iii/)

Exposure
(1/400)

Aperture
f/8.0

Focal Length
500 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
0 EV

</tbody>

Diane Miller
09-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Very nice! I love portraits, and this is a lovely, simple one with a great BG. I'd love to see just a little more detail in the eyes and nose.

Steve Kaluski
09-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi Sanjeev, if you have it, then a bit more of the neck would be great, it's just a little too tight IMHO for a portrait, basically a little smaller in frame I think. Killer BKG again! The whites are looking to be a bit hot on the ears, which you should be able to recover quite simply. Also I feel you can get a bit more 'colouring' saturation in that eye to bring out that lovely dark chestnut colouring, but don't go too OOT, if it looks right, just back off a fraction. Likewise a fraction more 'tonality & sharpening' in the nose would help define things more. Techs look good, but still worry about your ISO/SS. :tinysmile_shy_t:

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks Diane and Steve. This was full frame in portrait orientation as the Zebra was quiet close. Steve, I will keep an eye on the ISO and SS hence forth, thanks for pointing that out. Also, will re process the image as per your suggestion.
Regards
Sanjeev

Stan Cunningham
09-01-2013, 11:51 AM
I can only echo Steve's comments, killer background but it would be nice to see some more of the neck but understand your predicament.

Markus Jais
09-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Simple and great. Fantastic portrait.

Markus

Rachel Hollander
09-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Sanjeev- very nice portrait with excellent bokeh. The whites on the top of the head and ears look hot to me too. Good suggestions above, particularly by Steve to keep your ss up.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
09-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Nice classic side-shot here Sanjeev. Can't add much more here than what's already been pointed out. I would not be scared to use ISO-400 or ISO-800 as your base ISO for the 5Dmk3, should give you enough SS and great IQ.

Anette Mossbacher
09-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Very nice image. i as well would love to see more of the neck. The rest I see has already mentioned above.

Have a great day

ciao Anette

Roman Kurywczak
09-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi Sanjeev,
I'm with Steve thoughts and will add my own. When I teach....I recommend people push the ISO as far as they can even when working on portraits....why?.....you never know when a predator will come out and give chase....so having the extra SS or DOF at disposal is easier than looking to change the ISO in heat of battle. Make sense? I will also add that in the 25+ years I have been photographing....no one ever asked me to give back SS!!! Just something to keep in mind.