PDA

View Full Version : I'm for ever blowing bubbles

christopher galeski
09-01-2013, 03:44 AM
This image is a green bottle fly,it would blow abubble like you did with bubble gum when young,it wAs quite crazy to watch.cannon 100mm IS L MACRO F2.8.small crop,sharrpened for web.tripod.F18,ISO400,1/4S.

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2013, 04:27 AM
A really interesting shot, nothing like bubble soup for breakfast eh? My only slight reservation is the different coloured band at the top, suggest crop part fill part.

Steve Maxson
09-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi Christopher. You captured a very interesting behavior - one that I haven't seen before! The head-on view works well here and you have good sharpness within your DOF. I would agree with Jon about the light band at the top which tends to draw my eye - this could be "fixed" by some cropping/cloning, etc. A very cool image!

Valerio Tarone
09-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I agree with the previous: interesting behavior, a small crop on the upper side and/or some work locally. Good sharpness.

christopher galeski
09-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Thanks for looking and comments.

Mitch Haimov
09-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Very cool image, Chris. Love the look of the eyes. I have seen an image depicting this interesting behavior once before--not sure where, but may have been the No Cropping Zone blog (http://nocroppingzone.blogspot.com). Wherever I saw it, it was described as aiding digestion if I remember correctly. I too agree about the light band at top; cropping there would also help the comp by moving the subject from the center of the frame.