PDA

View Full Version : Jackie's Theme Post

Cheryl Slechta
08-31-2013, 07:38 PM
This will be Jackie's theme post. I started the thread because she used her one post per 24 hours with the Theme Winners post.:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
08-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks Cheryl. I will be away for a few days, so I just wanted to post. I became quite fascinated by this theme, and did quite a bit of reading up, and watching tutorials. I never realized that Pantone colours are so precise, and generally reserved for advertising posters, etc, where colour reproduction is critical, and the colours must be the same every time. It would be fun to watch someone doing a pantone print, because it sounds like each colour is printed separately (though I am not entirely sure). This pic was converted in NIK Silver efex, and then converted to grayscale>8 bit. It was sharpened and then used a quadtone preset. I was quite fond of the slight pink cast.

Diane Miller
08-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Just lovely -- it glows!

Kerry Perkins
08-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Very nice Jackie, I love the ever-so-subtle blush of pink and the way the flower emerges from soft focus to sharp. Lovely image!

Anita Bower
09-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Lovely details in texture and shape. A gorgeous rose. I like the centered composition, with the rose as the star. Nice monochrome work.

Cheryl Slechta
09-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Jackie, the rose IS the star! (Sorry Anita, I didn't see your comment until I'd posted.) I love the sharpness of the rose emerging from the black background and the slight hint of color in the petals. Thanks for sharing:S3:

Anita Bower
09-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Jackie, the rose IS the star! (Sorry Anita, I didn't see your comment until I'd posted.) I love the sharpness of the rose emerging from the black background and the slight hint of color in the petals. Thanks for sharing:S3:
I find it interesting when two people use the same for to comment on a photo. I've seen it happen a number of times.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Jackie,

Greetings. Wow... this is just beautiful. It's so beautiful that I've looked at it a few times and only at that have gotten past it's beauty to see what I would ordinarily comment on as items for possible improvement. So, I hesitate to mention the what I think are processing artifacts in the edges of the upper petals (secondary lines in the edges) and there are also two white lines - one along the right bottom petal blur from the dark more interior petal and one shorter one along the left bottom petal toward the interior edge. Would I fix these if this were mine? Hmm, hard to say.

Good show! The color is superb!

Cheers,

-Michael-

Jackie Schuknecht
09-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks Michael, I see what you mean by the lines. I think I oversharpened this in NIK which I don't usually use, and then sharpened for web. I think I can go back in an rework this a bit. I also notice a double line which is from handholding, not sure. Thanks for the comments everyone.