PDA

View Full Version : Morning Rain

Don Lacy
08-31-2013, 06:47 PM
It has been way to long since I have posted even longer since I have been out in the field but today I had the pleasure of meeting an old friend Don Hamilton Jr and a very talented South Florida photographer Carlos Molina http://Carlos-molina.com/home-dktp.html for the first time at my old stomping grounds Coral Cove Park. The photo gods of light and color smiled down upon us and gave us some beautiful light to play with which lit up the falling rain of a distant storm.

Diane Miller
08-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Very nice! I love the brush of sunlight on the water, and how the shape of the rock is echoed by the distant cloud bank.

dankearl
08-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Don,
Terrific comp and sunset.
A menacing look to it, I especially like the sun dog on the left side.
You did not include the settings, judging from the sunburst, a very small aperture?
Great work!

Robert Amoruso
09-01-2013, 06:13 AM
Nice composition Don with the large FG rock balanced with the sun. Golden rain showers a real plus.

And I still have not made it down that way.

Andrew McLachlan
09-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Lovely work here Don. A nice balance and great colors in the sky, but what I like best is your careful placement of the large rock in the sea and how you made sure that it did not merge with the horizon. Beautiful!!!

Don Lacy
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM
You did not include the settings, judging from the sunburst, a very small aperture?
Sorry Dan the settings were
1D MKIII, 17-40 at 17, 3.2s at f/16, manual, Evaluative Metered, ISO 50, polariser, and 2 stop grad, cropped and usual PS and Nik processing

Roman Kurywczak
09-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Sweeeeeet Don! Nice separation and very good details. Love the sunburst too!

Morkel Erasmus
09-05-2013, 05:03 PM
This is an excellent shot! One of your best IMHO. Everything came together here.
One small suggestion I would make is to try and tone down the greenish hue in the big rock sediment?

hennieloots
09-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi Don - Lovely image and composition. The colors are great and the sunburst a huge plus. I do not know enough about the techs to comment, but IMO a great capture.
Regards.
Hennie