PDA

View Full Version : A worn-out curb

Diane Miller
08-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Maybe I should put this in Macro -- it's really three straight shots, but I guess the triptych qualifies it for here. And it's not super-closeup.

On a recent trip to visit kids in LA, my husband (the airplane nut) wanted to visit the hallowed ground of the original Glendale Air Terminal. As we walked around I looked down at the curb I was stepping over and was delighted to find some incredible textures of worn paint. (Curbs are almost as good as dumpsters.) I had the 70-200 on the camera and was too lazy to go back to the car to get the 24-70 so I could focus close enough, so I used my iPhone for several shots. (That was inexcusable but it was HOT. I'll go back again when we're down there next, with the macro lens.)

I generaly only use texture shots for layering over other images, and rarely use them as stand-alone abstracts, but I think these almost qualify.

C&C always welcome!

Cheryl Slechta
08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi, Diane, I think the iPhone did a great job. I like the idea of a triptych and also like the flow of each image, the textures and the soft colors.:S3:

Cindy Cone
08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Great iPhoneohraphy. I do like the triptych better than I would like the images separately. I think these would work well as textured layers for floral shots, too.

Anita Bower
09-01-2013, 04:18 AM
I like it! The soft colors are a perfect, and surprising, contrast to the textures. The triptych works really well. The iPhone did a good job. Creative of you. I may have to start looking down more.

Diane Miller
09-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks, everyone!