PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Tigertail Beach?

Michael Pancier
05-07-2008, 04:56 PM
heading to Marco this weekend (Thurs - Sat) for a seminar.

anyone been to Tigertail lately? what's cookin out there?

Fabs Forns
05-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Will be waiting for you to tell us, with the price of gas, it's getting harder to go on a day trip :(

Please share if you see anything worth the trip!

Maxis Gamez
05-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi Michael,

I haven't been down to that area for a while now. I have to agree with Fab on the gas situation...... but please let us know!!

Good luck!

Michael Pancier
05-10-2008, 09:28 PM
saw more skimmer decoys than real ones in the nesting area. I did see a rogue skimmer flying by. The terns are all over the place and will attack you or anything if they get near the nesting area.

seeing the terns chase the osprey was fun though.

Alfred Forns
05-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks Mike Need to check it out !!! Its a little early for the skimmers. Hope they will show up this year. Last year we had a storm going right by the coast at high tide and wiped out all the nests !!! Birds never recuperated

Michael Pancier
05-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks Mike Need to check it out !!! Its a little early for the skimmers. Hope they will show up this year. Last year we had a storm going right by the coast at high tide and wiped out all the nests !!! Birds never recuperated

while at the resort I stayed at, I did see about 6 skimmers skimming along the shoreline around sundown. Other than those, I only saw 2 of them at Tigertail which was south of Where I stayed.

But there were a lot of terns (least terns). They show no fear and will dive bomb at you as you walk by the nesting area (which is roped off BTW).

it seemed like a scene from Hitchcock.