PDA

View Full Version : Starling @ Lake Nakuru

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi All,
Posting my first image from my recent trip to Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru, Kenya. Aug 3-10, 2013. This was at Lake Nakuru Lodge, lying flat on my belly to get this image of a very colourful bird on a cloudy day.
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_5d_mark_iii/)

Exposure
(1/800)

Aperture
f/8.0

Focal Length
700 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
0 EV

Flash
Off, Did not fire

</tbody>

Steve Kaluski
08-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi Sanjeev, lovely bird the Superb Starling full of colour and that gorgeous sheen.

Like a previous image, this one also looks a bit 'light', you have the detail, however just taming the exposure I think would make a big difference, but again, am viewing on the laptop. You can always 'Double process' so you can get the best for both BKG & subject if that is easier. I just quickly adjusted things in LR then made a 60% overlay, seems to work a treat. Like the low POV and slight head turn. If you have it, then a little more image to the left and less to the RHS for me, seems to balance better. Again another lovely diffused BKG separating the subject well, similar to the baboon, very envious, had to work hard to get something similar for my Little owls, LOL.

Will drop you a line, check your email.

TFS
Steve

Stu Bowie
08-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi Sanjeev, great low perspective, and I like the eye contact. Good DOF on the starling, sharp, with oodles of feather detail. Comp wise, I would just add a bit to the LHS, and agree with Steve, toning down the BG will work wonders.

Juan Carlos Vindas
08-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Hello and thanks for sharing this stunning bird! so many colours. I would just suggest to tone down the grass around it a tad.

Satish Ranadive
08-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Excellent image. Wonderful colors, great details,very nice pose,beautiful eye and low shooting angle.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
08-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Nice low angle here, and you got some nice iridescence on this fella's plumage. I would have preferred more light hitting the face and throat, and less of a head turn for a better profile look at the bill. Nice details and the comp feels good to me.