PDA

View Full Version : Pin scratch

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Greetings. Here is my attempt (original in Eager to Learn)... I used my own PS plugin (a pixel difference threshold) which created black dots and short lines at contrast points, inverted, then Topaz Simplify to lengthen some of the dots to lines, punch the little color there is, and thin the lines by adding a thick mono line (in Simplify, adding black lines around white line features thins the line)...

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Cindy Cone
08-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Michael, I really like the comp here (especially in the original). It also makes a good scratch. I think I would like it better with a little more detail, more "scratch" in the bird on the
right, even enhancing the feathered detail that's in the original. That said, I'm not sure how that would be accomplished! Thanks for sharing your process.

Paul Lagasi
08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi Michael, I think we both posted at the same time. Lovely work, had previously seen the original in ETL. Very nice theme image.

Cheryl Slechta
08-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi, Michael, I'm continually amazed at how many ways there are to arrive at the same conclusion! I love the composition and think your technique worked well.:S3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Cindy, Paul, Cheryl,

Thanks for your comments. Here's another take trying for more detail, Cindy, on the right... lost the white patches but now a "purer" scratch. Added a few painted pixels to fill in same gaps.

Thanks again for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Cindy Cone
08-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi Michael, I do like both images. I do like the painted pixels here. Nice work. The more I look at the first image, the more I like it, though, too. Thanks for posting!

Anita Bower
08-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Nice work. I find it interesting how different the two images on this post look. A creative approach. I think both work well.