PDA

View Full Version : Lizard

Don Jacobs
08-27-2013, 08:45 PM
I found this little guy hanging out in the backyard a few days ago. Shot using the 1DIV, ISO 200, f/8.0, SS 1/200, 100mm. Used flash for fill. HH. C&C greatly appreciated.

Diane Miller
08-27-2013, 10:13 PM
This is cool! Where is your backyard? It's obviously in a more interesting ecosystem than mine.

A gecko? Love the sharpness and colors.

Jonathan Ashton
08-28-2013, 04:10 AM
Really an eye catching shot, the DOF is just a tad on the shallow side, whilst the detail is very good along the jaw and forelimb, it becomes a little soft around the eye. The pose perch and background really set the little fella off very nicely.

Randy Stout
08-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Don:

Isn't it wonderful when something special shows up in the backyard! One of the joys of macro work.

Colors are bold, dramatic on this fellow. Nice flash work.

I do agree with Jon about the DOF. You might be able to do a bit more sharpening around the eye.

Cheers

Randy

Norm Dulak
08-28-2013, 04:00 PM
The flash looks perfectly natural, and the result is excellent. The colors, the pose, and the sharpness are all commendable. And I am pleased that I was not the focus of that critters attention!

Mitch Carucci
08-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Great sharpness, good color and well balanced light. I like the head angled towards the camera. Very effective.

Steve Maxson
09-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi Don. Looks like a Green Anole. :S3: I like the alert pose and the diagonal comp. Also, nice use of flash and good sharpness within your DOF - I agree that you might try a little more selective sharpening around the eye. This is very nicely done and a tweak around the eye will make it even better!