PDA

View Full Version : Yearling Cow Elk

Andrew Merwin
08-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Mark iv, aperture priority, auto exposure, ISO 400, f/7.1, 1/640, 0 ev, 220mm
Sharpened, adjusted level & curves, desaturated blue & a slight mid contrast adjustment.
Shot in YNP this past Mar.—the last time I used my camera since I have been remodeling a house for the past 4 months. Anyway, I hope to shoot & post more in the future.

Morkel Erasmus
08-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Looks like you were close, Andrew! I like the BG and sense of place here. I do feel it's a bit "light", specifically in the midtones - easy to tone down and should add some nice depth too.
I hope you can get out more in the near future! :5

Loi Nguyen
08-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Andrew, nice cow elk with good details and sharp. I'm with Morkel that overall the image looks a bit on the bright side. I wish for more space both top and bottom and a little more contrast. Loi

Rachel Hollander
08-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi Andrew - nice to see you posting and I hope the remodeling has gone well. I like the image showing a bit of the YNP environment. I agree that a bit more depth to the midtones will take this up a notch. Nice sharpness and pov though I wonder if you could have avoided having the rock intersect the head by moving in the field. I hope you'll have more to post soon.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
08-28-2013, 06:04 AM
WOW Andrew, things have certainly moved in the right direction since last you posted, nice POV & PP. Although viewing on the laptop, I agree it does look light which you can easily correct in RAW. Just bumping up the mid tone and a Channels Curve mid tone just seems to pull things out a bit more, gives the depth I think from your original capture. You are certainly on a roll, keep them coming Andrew. :cheers: Techs also look good.

Certain a big step from when we first me, LOL.

TFS
Steve

Andrew Merwin
08-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks very much for your comments Morkel, Loi, Rachel & Steve. I appreciate them. I revisited the RAW & made the changes you all suggested. Thanks again.

Anette Mossbacher
08-30-2013, 10:49 AM
This is very nice done Andrew. Love the details and Steve pulled some more out with his tricks :bg3:

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Very nicely done Andrew and the suggested tweaks will make this shine!