PDA

View Full Version : Hildebrandt's Starling with 24-70mm

Loi Nguyen
08-27-2013, 01:15 AM
This is just ofr fun that I took my 24-70mm to go take a picture of this Hildebrandt's Starling during lunch break while waiting to enter the Serengeti. These Starlings are so common there and would hand around the picnic area looking for food. The BG wasn't good, but I tried this shot. Later I never saw them on my safari, so this is the only shot I got of this beautiful bird.

5D3
24-70F4 II @ 59mm
1/125
F8
ISO-400

Hope you like it.

thank you.

Loi

arash_hazeghi
08-27-2013, 01:33 AM
Hi Loi,
it's a handsome bird and a good pose, good details. the main issue is the busy surrounding that distracts from the subject.

Loi Nguyen
08-27-2013, 03:29 AM
Hi Loi,
it's a handsome bird and a good pose, good details. the main issue is the busy surrounding that distracts from the subject.

arash, yes I know the BG is way too busy, the only noteworthy about this image only that it was taken at focal length of 59mm, which opens up some potential interesting design in a more attractive setting, and that is what I thought of sharing for someone who will visit Africa soon. Cheers. Loi

hennieloots
08-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Excellent IQ and I love the pose. My only gripe is the busy background, which we unfortunately cannot always control.

Satish Ranadive
08-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Beautiful image of handsome bird.
Love the inquisitive pose, beautiful colors, red eye and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Melissa Groo
08-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Pose is ridiculous and adorable at the same time. Great details and color in the plumage. I would have liked to see it shot wide open to lessen the distraction of that background, but I see from your follow-up comment you were making a point about capability of the focal length/aperture.