PDA

View Full Version : Cup of Gold

Christopher Miller
08-26-2013, 09:44 PM
I loved the backlighting on this buttercup. It looked like a gold cup shining in the light, so I sought to enhance that look in my post-processing. Used 4 textures: 1 from Flypaper textures, 1 from Kim Klassen, and 2 bokeh textures from Shadowhouse Creations.

Norm Dulak
08-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Hi Christopher.

I like what you are trying to do here, but it really doesn't work for me. The subject, the color, the way the flower is presented, the angle of the stem, and the background are all good. But I think that some element of the image should be sharply focused.

Also, it would help if you could provide some technical data for how the image was captured. Please provide information on the camera, lens and settings used.

Anita Bower
08-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Christopher: Is this a buttercup? I like what you did with it. It seems to radiate light. The textures and bokeh are lovely, and complement the flower. I like the soft look.

Cheryl Slechta
08-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Christopher, I like the soft and radiant look. The only thing I find a little distracting is underneath the bottom of the flower on the left - it is just a little too diffuse - almost looks like a smear. Other than that I think it's lovely:S3:

Christopher Miller
08-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated!

Norm, here's the technical data on the photo: Olympus SP-550 UZ, f4.5 @ 1/160, ISO 100, Aperture priority mode.

Anita, yes it is a buttercup.

Cindy Cone
08-28-2013, 01:39 PM
I like the soft look and bright colors. Very lovely. Maybe just a little too much of a highlight on the right side of the buttercup, towards the bottom.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-31-2013, 05:29 PM
I agree with Cindy, maybe tone down the highlight a bit, but otherwise beautiful! I love the precise focus on the edge of the flower and the textures are lovely.