PDA

View Full Version : Keukenhof Revisited

Arthur Morris
08-25-2013, 08:49 PM
This Beauty of Spryng tuliip image was created with the tripod-mounted Canon 180mm macro lens, the 1.4X III TC, and the EOS-5D Mark III. ISO 400. Evaluative metering +1 stop: 1/13 sec. at f/20. 2-second timer & Live View for Mirror Lock. Seated behind tripod.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.

If you are interested in joining Denise and I in Oregon in 10 days for dahlias or in Holland this spring for tulips click here (http://www.birdsasart.com/include-pages/ipt-updates/) and scroll down.

Randy Stout
08-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Artie:

Lovely colors, nice detail, effective crop.

The lighting is so soft in general, that I might consider toning down the specular reflections along the edge of the upper petal on the right.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
08-27-2013, 04:21 AM
Thanks eagle-eyes. Not sure if those are specular highlights or tiny grains of pollen....

Norm Dulak
08-27-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm in agreement with Randy regarding the specular highlights, and I think that some noise reduction would be good. :S3: But generally, I like this image.

Steve Maxson
08-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Hi Artie. I really like the comp on this one with the end of the stem near the ROT position and with the petal edges radiating out from there to lead my aye around the frame. Nice mix of colors, too. I'm not sure about the small white specs - they look rather granular (i.e., pollen-like) to me. I suppose you could easily remove them with a few quick masks, though I might just opt to leave them as is. This is very nicely done from both a technical and artistic standpoint!

Arthur Morris
08-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks Steve, I agree on all counts. :)

Randy Stout
08-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Artie:

I looked at the image again, and realize that I was wrong, it really does have the more granular look of pollen, so I would be inclined to leave it, since it helps with the story!

Cheers

Randy

Mitch Carucci
08-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Elegant image!

Anita Bower
08-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Nice macro image. Lovely colors. I notice softness around the edges. The only one that bothers me is the area in the upper right corner. Re. the highlights/pollen, it doesn't matter what it is, the question is whether or not it is distracting. In a macro of this magnification, every little detail is noticeable, so I find them a little distracting. Thanks for sharing.