PDA

View Full Version : Spirits in the Wood

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Greetings. Starts as a photograph of a birch tree trunk... multiple passes, Topaz Simplify, InFocus, and Adjust, sharpening (for effects), BuzSim with mono fine lines has big impact, but a number of tweeks... one of those 30 or 40 layer images. Loses a bit of detail to the small jpeg.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Diane Miller
08-24-2013, 08:33 PM
A classic totem pole carving! Love it!

For me, the blue top center doesn't quite fit.

Kerry Perkins
08-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Nice flip Michael, love the organic look. The more I look at it, the more I see. I like that.

Anita Bower
08-25-2013, 04:51 AM
I'm wondering if the loss of detail in the jpeg is what makes this image not work for me.

Paul Lagasi
08-25-2013, 09:50 AM
There was a flip somewhere along the line, nice filters and effects used, I agree that sometimes our images don't show well in small size, on BPN.
Very good work and imagination.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Diane, Kerry, Anita, Paul,

Thanks much for your comments. Forgot to mention the flip ;-) ... The color crept in with the processing, not wild about the blues myself, Diane. Will rework this one. The original photo was oof in spots (a dof thing), since the tree is in the front yard I may retake this and start new. It's interesting to me that the oof spots from the original look the worst in the reduced size image, even though at 100% resolution there are crisp lines there.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Cheryl Slechta
08-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Michael, I love the organic look to this and I instantly saw the whole image as an owl head. Then, because of the flip there are so many other interesting things that you can find as your eye wanders around. I'd like to see another version too but I like this one a lot.:S3: