PDA

View Full Version : Common blue damselfly (f)

Jonathan Ashton
08-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Tripod Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro ISO 800 1/200 sec f8
I liked the framing in this one, I suspect it will not be to everyone's taste but I am keen to see what you think.
All C&C welcome.

Anita Bower
08-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Lovely translucent wings with the blue behind. I like the framing with the grasses. Nice bg. I know you like leaving your photos as close to nature as possible, but that one partly dead grass distracts and disturbs me. I'd clone it out. Lets see what others say.

Randy Stout
08-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Jon:

I like the concept of framing elements a lot, but for my personal taste, the elements are so vivid that they compete with the subject. The sweeping grass angling down from the top right in particular, as Anita mentioned.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
08-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Love the sharpness and vivid colors. This image is quite dramatic. I am with Anita and Randy on the angled grass in front of the subject. Love especially the tone of the blue in the background.

Jonathan Ashton
08-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks Anita Randy Artie, yes my wife agrees with you too! I guess I am out of step, to me it seems to hold my eye into the image and form a frame.

Anita Bower
08-23-2013, 05:00 AM
Thanks Anita Randy Artie, yes my wife agrees with you too! I guess I am out of step, to me it seems to hold my eye into the image and form a frame.
Jonathan: You are the person you must please with your photos. You might try making the changes we suggest, just to see how you feel about the result, but by all means, keep them the way you like them, regardless of what we say.

Steve Maxson
08-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Jon. Just to show that we all see the world differently, the leaf on the right is not bothering me. I might suggest cropping from the left - fairly close to the tips of the damselfly's wings. In the end, this is all pretty subjective. :S3: