PDA

View Full Version : Ramona Falls.

dankearl
08-19-2013, 08:41 PM
A waterfall on the slope of Mt Hood, Oregon.

1/3, f11, iso200, 20mm (nikkor 10-24mm lens), CP, D800, PP in NX2

DSC_6849bp.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131621&stc=1&d=1376962849)

Lyle Gruby
08-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Beautiful scene here Dan. Great choice of SS. I could see a crop from the left and a little more room on the right. Really nice IQ.

Anette Mossbacher
08-21-2013, 03:34 AM
Hi Dan,

very nice scene. What made you take this image horizontal and not vertical?
For me there is room missing under the bridge. Would have been nice to add the flowing water underneath the bridge too. Maybe you have a vertical or the water went a different way!
The image itself looks good to me how your processed it :bg3: I would not crop a thing on it.

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
08-21-2013, 05:12 PM
I too would have liked more room below. I can see it working with a crop from the LHS so that there's equal room either side of the bridge (almost square).
Nice choice of SS. Not as strong for me as your other waterfall shots, though, Dan...:e3

dankearl
08-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the comments. This is a really popular hiking destination and there were a lot of people there.
I could not get a great view (people under the bridge, etc.) so I settled for this. A 4 mile hike into the falls so I did
not want to waste it.

Jerry van Dijk
08-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Spectacular waterfall and very well captured given the circumstances, Dan. More room would have been nice, but sometimes you've got to work with what you get. I think you did so with very good result.
A good tip I read somewhere is to take multiple shots while people move around, put them in multiple layers and use a transparency brush to paint over people and reveal the image below. Because people have moved from their original place, this will reveal the BG they were standing in front of. Might be a bit tricky if they are standing in front of flowing water.

Andrew McLachlan
08-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Hi Dan, had to chuckle at the name of this waterfall being a fan of the rock band The Ramones :S3: Sounds like you made the best choice considering the folks below the bridge. I do wonder if a vertical comp at a less busy time for the tourists might yield a stronger version with more room below the bridge. Looks like a lovely spot. TFS.