PDA

View Full Version : My favourite ruined building

Morkel Erasmus
08-19-2013, 03:15 PM
I've posted various angles of this place before. It's an old farmhouse ruin on a local farm I have access to. With nothing but grasslands all around, it makes for a welcome compositional element when the skies decide to light up...:t3

Techs:
Nikon D3s
Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 @ 14mm
f11 | ISO-100
Manual blend of 2 exposures

I know the building is suffering from distortion...but I'm too lazy to rework the whole image now from scratch :e3 (besides I quite like the look in this one)
Also, the ground is undulating and the slope upwards towards the RHS is the natural lie of the land here.

Andrew McLachlan
08-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi Morkel, this looks great on my cellphone. I don't mind the leaning building. It almost suits the scene as it leans into the sunset. The round design of the building is cool - don't often find too many like that. Nice that you have access to it.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Don Railton
08-19-2013, 08:22 PM
It works for me Morkel.. I like the colour in the sky and the building anchor. The angles are so far wrong that its right.. and the exposure looks perfect

DON

dankearl
08-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I also don't mind the slant.
I think the horizon line might look nice toned down a tad.

Lyle Gruby
08-20-2013, 01:37 PM
What gorgeous colors in the sky. I kind of think the distortion lends itself to the scene here. Beautiful. I think I might like to see more of the tree on the left.

Anette Mossbacher
08-21-2013, 03:35 AM
Love this image, the colors and all. I would leave the hut as it is. No straightening, not all huts on earth are straight :bg3:

have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Markus Jais
08-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Beautiful shot. I like the composition and the fantastic light and colors.

Markus

Jerry van Dijk
08-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Apparently, I'm the only one who doesn't like the deformed building and adjacent tree :S3:. But I like everything else! I like the leading lines of the clouds, the spectacular colors and the interesting FG. Dan's suggestion about the horizon seems like a good one.