PDA

View Full Version : Green Heron Hunting

Jay Gould
08-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Ibera Marshes, Argentina
Canon 7D; 300 f/2.8 + 2.0TC; 1/1000@f/7.1; ISO 1000

I have a bunch from 2009 when I first started to attempt to capture birds. They are processed primarily using the Basic Brushes from OnOne Perfect Effects 4; love this software!

Richard Stern
08-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Jay,

I like the overall effect, and the sharp bird with a concentrated expression, against the warm bg colors. The sharpness of the bird contrasts nicely with the slightly blurred bg. Was this somewhere in Central or South America, and did you use any fill flash?

Richard

Jay Gould
08-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi Jay,

I like the overall effect, and the sharp bird with a concentrated expression, against the warm bg colors. The sharpness of the bird contrasts nicely with the slightly blurred bg. Was this somewhere in Central or South America, and did you use any fill flash?

Richard

Hi Richard, as indicated, This was at the Ibera Marshes, Argentina. No fill flash! Thanks for liking my work.

Randy Stout
08-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Jay:

Nice to see you posting!

The color palette is very nice, like the greenery and the moss working with the green on the bird.

It looks a bit bright overall on my monitor at work, so perhaps a slight downward curves adjustment.

I also think the face could stand a bit more sharpening.

Cheers

Randy

Jay Gould
08-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Jay:

Nice to see you posting!

The color palette is very nice, like the greenery and the moss working with the green on the bird.

It looks a bit bright overall on my monitor at work, so perhaps a slight downward curves adjustment.

I also think the face could stand a bit more sharpening.

Cheers

Randy

Hi Randy, Thanks. I am sure things will look different on anyone's monitor since I am limited to my 15" calibrated laptop monitor. I will try both tweaks and post again The cleanup to remove all the shrubs etc took me almost a day before I even started basic processing. Cheers,

Cheryl Arena Molennor
08-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Pretty light Jay and a curious pose against a very interesting bg. I was thinking it was a little bright as well

Jay Gould
08-19-2013, 07:44 PM
This was the RAW that I cleaned and processed.

Jay Gould
08-19-2013, 07:50 PM
This is the final (?) applying Randy's suggestions and a bit of further cleanup pointed out to me; I missed the shadow of a leaf etc.

Cheryl, the heron was hunting and while I was ready to grab the action shot it in a flash was in the water and out of site

Satish Ranadive
08-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Superb image of beautiful Heron in habitat. I like the last repost. Very nice colors,details and composition.

Regards,
Satish.