PDA

View Full Version : Cloudless Sulphur Butterfly #2

Allen Sparks
08-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Canon 7D, 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS... ISO 400, f16, 1/250s, HH

Jonathan Ashton
08-19-2013, 04:46 AM
I like the crop and composition, the butterfly is sharp and there is good detail. The hairs on the top of the thorax are just a little indistinct, perhaps a tad more sharpening would help. The exposure is very good and I like the colours. I sense the reds however may be just a tad over saturated

Jason Stander
08-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Beautiful Allen... I love the bg... great comp and sharp detail... maybe a portrait crop might work... WD!:w3

OvidiuCavasdan
08-21-2013, 10:31 AM
The BF looks good to me, I like a lot the oof reds in the BG but I'm also thinking about desaturate the red just a bit. Composition works as presented. Well done.

Anita Bower
08-21-2013, 04:43 PM
The yellow against red looks stunning. Nice composition. Nice detail. The only thing I'd change is the dark green rectangle in the upper right corner--maybe clone and blend it into the image. This image stood out for me in the thumbnails.

Arthur Morris
08-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Better to add some CYAN to the REDs in selective color than to desaturate them.... Though I like all the elements of the image, especially the o-o-f BKGR, combined they make the image a bit too busy for me. Assuming no flash, I believe that this might have been a killer if it had been made in softer light. What time of day was it created?

Steve Maxson
08-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi Allen. Hard to ignore the colors on this one! :S3: You nailed the yellows again though some of the reds seem a bit bright. (Interesting comment by Artie - I'll have to try that.) The butterfly gave you a good pose and you have good overall sharpness of your subjects against a pleasing OOF background. Nicely done!