PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Hood exposed.

dankearl
08-17-2013, 10:04 PM
A pedestrian view of the West side of Mt. Hood taken today.
The best time to photo this giant volcano at the barest time of year.
It is completely snow covered about 10 months a year and now you can see the volcanic soil, rock, colors and
well as the Glaciers. Sandy, Reid and Zig Zag glaciers in view.

1/160, f16, iso200, 105mm (nikkor 18-105 lens), CP, Nikon D800, Handheld, PP in NX2

DSC_6862bp.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131568&stc=1&d=1376794992)

Morkel Erasmus
08-19-2013, 02:59 PM
A nice "snap" here, Dan. I do wish we'd had mountains like this in Southern Africa...:Whoa!:
Overall tonality and contrast/colour/exposure look great. I do wish that tree on the RHS wasn't there (for an undisturbed view).
There seems to be a blue-ish haze/hue to the right of the aforementioned tree/bush...any idea what that is?

Andrew McLachlan
08-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi Dan, similarly to Morkel, I do wish there were mountains like this in Ontario. On my cellphone the mountain looks good but I do wish the tree on right side was absent. Is there a way to capture a similar scene without the tree?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Don Railton
08-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi Dan

This looks great.. Currently working off a cruddy laptop screen so wont comment too much, but I would consider cropping a little more from the sky to make the mountain a little more 'in you face' although it works fine for me just as it is.

DON

dankearl
08-19-2013, 08:29 PM
I agree on the tree, but there was no way to get closer to lose the tree and I wanted to get the Blue glacial ice (the blue Morkel mentioned),
in the scene. That is the tongue of the Zig Zag glacier.

Anette Mossbacher
08-21-2013, 03:37 AM
Hi Dan,

very nice image of this impressive mountain/volcano. Thought the ice would melt as the ground is warm, lolol.
The blue Morkel mentioned I would take out of the mountain/ground only and just leave it on the ice. Give it a try, if you like.

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette