PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse Pointe De St-Mathieu

Anette Mossbacher
08-17-2013, 05:22 AM
Brittany/France has lots to offer for Landscape. This was taken at far west point I could go. Did not go further unless I would have started to swim :bg3:

Did LR adjustments for straightening the 2 towers and building. WB a bit lightening the shadows in the FG.
PS CS6 Levels, contrast and Midtone contrast. That was it.

MKIV
ISO 100
f/22 240sec attached Lee Big Stopper ( 10 stops )
lens 17-45mm

WDYT? :S3:

Andrew McLachlan
08-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi Anette, this quite lovely. On my smartphone the detail in the rocks is great and I really like the way the clouds have blurred from using the Big Stopper. Nicely seen and captured :)

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Lyle Gruby
08-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I love your composition, I think it was a great place to use a 10 stop filter. I might warm up the image just a little bit. Very nice.

dankearl
08-17-2013, 09:57 PM
I like everything about it, the comp and the blue water are very nice.

Anette Mossbacher
08-19-2013, 04:16 AM
Thanks so much Andrew, Lyle and Dan :bg3:

Lyle you are right. I have added a bit warmth to the rocks and grass. Change the look very positive. Thanks so much for the tip. :wave:

Have all a great week

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
08-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Great use of the old Big Stopper here Anette! This rocks, love the water motion and overall clarity, and a strong and engaging composition.
:5

Anette Mossbacher
08-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Thank you very much Morkel. The Big Stopper is one of my fav companions :bg3:

Diane Miller
08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
The water has a very other-worldly look that works well with the three very different buildings, and the rocks provide wonderful leading lines.

I'd love to see more of the buildings -- they look like a target-rich environment.

Jerry van Dijk
08-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Very nice place and extremely well captured Anette! The details in the rocks are awesome, as are the colors. The moving clouds add something extra. I'm not sure I like what the big stopper did to the water. It almost seems like the whole scene is floating in mid air. I find that cropping out the lower rock helps to alleviate this sensation, but that would leave you with unuasual frame dimensions.