PDA

View Full Version : Purple Heron (Ardea purpurea)

Juan Aragonés
05-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Hi to everyone. I am very sorry for my lack of participation in the past weekes but I am really busy with several projects and I had had not too much time for being aroung here. This weekend I went, with two of my best friends, to Doñana National Park (Huelva, South of Spain) because this spring water levels on the park are the best in several years and the waterbird community is blooming like a desert plant after a rain fall. Many opportunities to photograph purple, grey, night, little and squacco heron from the car, really close and that is not common in Europe. The birds are in full breeding plumage and looks beautiful. It was the first time that the battery of my D2X showed the “empty” message and I had no more spare batteries :( but a great photography day. One of the best that I can remember and a lot of fun with my friends (much better than spending 14 hours in a blind after the great bustard :D)
I am at the office now and do not have th ecomplete exif data for this image so I apologize for do not post technical details. Comments and critics are welcome:)
Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 300VR+1,4XTC, handheld from a car, HSC mode, ISO 320 manual exposure

Van Hilliard
05-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Beautiful composition and action. The water drops and the excellent handling of dof on the surroundings add considerably to the photo. I appreciate this opportunity to see a heron that we don't see in the U.S.

Philip Lombard
05-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Juan, an excellent shot, good exposure, sharp and even thiught the bg is busy it works as a goo habitat.

Robert Amoruso
05-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Juan,

I really like this one. It looks almost like ballet so good job capturing the action. Great DOF on the bird makes him pop out from the BG.

Alfred Forns
05-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Just outstanding Juan !!! Excellent pose and light on that bird !!! Love the fine underwing detail and colors !!! Big Congrats !!!

Alexander Koenders
05-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Felicidades Hombre, nice job en very well done.

Raul Quinones
05-07-2008, 09:08 AM
I like this one a lot, feather details on the wing, pose and water drops make this a great picture IMO.