PDA

View Full Version : Another King Bird with food

Amol Khedgikar
08-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi,

This is from the same series of the flock that has nested at the spot I recently found.

7D+ 500mm @ f4 handheld., ISO 400, 1/8000. Sharpening some NR on the Sky and a little crop. Did not want it to be too tight in the frame so left the bird smaller in the frame.

What do you all think?

Markus Jais
08-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Great shot. Must be really hard to catch in flight. I like the placement of the bird in the frame and the wing spread. The prey is a nice bonus.

Markus

Miguel Palaviccini
08-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Amol,

Another nice capture of this species. Glad you didn't make it a tight crop, as I think this works well.

Looks like you had a bit of harsh light, but it was handled well. Love the yellow underside.

Miguel

Amol Khedgikar
08-16-2013, 06:32 PM
THanks MArcus,

Yes Miguel, I waited for them to get active when the light was good. BUt they bacame active when the light got harsh... but thankfully it was still kind of on my side...

PhilCook
08-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Light was bit harsh, but well handled considering, blue sky is very nice, overall a sharply focused image....love those wings/tail spread and light through them. Thinking it may work compositionally a little better to get away from the almost square crop though

Cheryl Arena Molennor
08-17-2013, 09:24 AM
I really like the wing spread and the detail you managed to get. The prey is also a bonus. I personally wouldn't mind tighter crop aa an alternate

Amol Khedgikar
08-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks Everyone.

Thinking it may work compositionally a little better to get away from the almost square crop though

Phil,

Now that you have pointed it out, it does look a bit squarish. I had cropped closer to the 8x10 ratio (Roughly) which sometimes looks more like a square.

I will repost with an alternate crop as suggested by Cheryl also.

Loi Nguyen
08-17-2013, 05:42 PM
the light was a bit harsh, but you handled it well here. Very nice wing spread and good details of the underwing. Prey is an added bonus. Loi

Satish Ranadive
08-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Superb flight pose with nice wing stretch and nice details.
Love it.

Regards,
Satish.