PDA

View Full Version : Cormorant

Mitch Carucci
08-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Glitterato & Moku Hanga

Judy Howle
08-13-2013, 07:55 PM
I love the effect on the cormorant and the background is very cool. I might darken the background a little. It looks a little bright for the bird.

Cheryl Slechta
08-14-2013, 08:41 AM
I like it, Mitch! Love the stars and the cormorant looks like it has been oil painted. I think you could brighten or enhance the green in the lores and it would match the background. Nice one:S3:

Mitch Carucci
08-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Judy,

Thank you for your comment. I am having problems that I don't understand. When I upload an image it is always lighter than the image I see on the same screen. What am I doing wrong. Any advice is welcome. Here is a darker version...

Diane Miller
08-14-2013, 08:24 PM
I pulled your second image and opened it in PS -- it says it doesn't have an embedded profile. (It's a good idea to have PS set to warn of such things.) When you save the JPEG there is an option to convert to sRGB and embed the profile.

If you don't do that, different browsers can display the image differently.

Mitch Carucci
08-15-2013, 05:41 AM
Thanks Diane.

Judy Howle
08-17-2013, 10:09 PM
That looks better Mitch. I like it a lot! How did you create the background? I always use Save for Web. It automatically converts them to sRGB and 72 ppi.

Diane Miller
08-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Yes, Save for Web is the best way to convert from PS, but be sure to check the box that says to embed the profile. (It should be the default.) You can also export from LR and save a preset with the desired settings.

The 72 dpi thing was used way back, by Power Point, I think -- don't know if it is still is needed there. Web browsers only use the pixel dimensions, but the blank needs to be filled in, I guess.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Like the repost Mitch, it's more dynamic. Like the whole fantasy concept which you excel at.