PDA

View Full Version : leopard

Giovanni Frescura
08-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Hello
this is an old photos made on 2008 with a Canon 1D Mark III, Canon 300 f.2,8 nd extender 1x4 iso 400 f.4 1/160.
Now I am trying to make it better
What you think about?
is better leopard or leopard 1 or you prefer a different crop or composition ?
This shoot as posted isn't a crop
Thanks

Giovanni Frescura
08-13-2013, 12:27 PM
leopard1

Tom Graham
08-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Nice pose looking into camera, body and tail and in general all well placed.
The blurred background branches really bother me.
Caused by? Focus, lens bokeh, or I suspect camera movement since shutter is 1/160 sec.
Clone that out and crop some. Might try a vertical crop, chopping much on left and cut the tree trunk in half for right side.
Tom

Nancy Bell
08-13-2013, 10:08 PM
I also like that the leopard is looking straight at you, and the beautiful pose with the entire tail in view. It is great that the leopard does not have any close branches intersecting with the body. I would consider cropping out the entire tree trunk on the right and down to the just the top of the branch supporting the leopard. I would clone out any remaining stray branches. That would leave you with a simple composition of a Y-shaped branch that has a strong diagonal with the leopard, and a lovely clean blue bkgd.

Giovanni Frescura
08-14-2013, 01:05 AM
thanks
isn't a too much portrait ?

Loi Nguyen
08-14-2013, 01:41 AM
It's a beautiful leopard. The last RP is a bit tight for me. Also I see a Red color cast on the cat's face and the tree trunk. Loi

Nancy Bell
08-14-2013, 01:31 PM
This crop is what I had in mind. I like the simplicity and that stare now really catches your eye. I also now see a tiny bit of a pink tongue! Do you not want a portrait-type image? You can always keep 2 copies of image, one tighter and one more expansive. On this recent posting you can give back a bit more space to the right of the tail.

Markus Jais
08-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Beautiful shot. I like both the crop and the full version. The blue color of the BG is fantastic as is the tree.

Markus

Morkel Erasmus
08-15-2013, 05:57 PM
A very nice setting Giovanni. Nice pose and soft last light too.
Your last crop is stronger because of the blurry branches which can distract (despite the crop being a bit tight).
I love the blue backdrop here. The hint of red on the face could be the last rays of dying sunlight?
Good to see you posting again! :5

Gabriela Plesea
08-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Dear Giovanni,

What an amazing sighting this is! I would dare suggest a crop somewhere in-between the original post and the re-post. Great eye contact and lovely pose, this is one mean leopard I would not want to encounter on foot:bg3:

Kind regards,

Stan Cunningham
08-18-2013, 03:18 PM
The last post was not too tight for my as it seemed more like a portrait and there was not a lot a round it to add anything. But having 2 crops of the same image is something I often do.