PDA

View Full Version : Am. Godlfinch.

Karl Egressy
08-13-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm always pleased when I manage to take a shot of a different pose.
The background is:
the top layer is the water and the bottom layer is the green vegetation behind the Bull Thistle plants.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS II + 1.4x III
ISO 400
f 7.1
1/1250 s

Randy Stout
08-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Karl:

I like the curve of the birds pose which completes the are of the bottom of the bull thistles. Well exposed with pleasant bg.

I might sharpen the face a bit more, and consider a sliver off the top.

Cheers

Randy

Sandy Witvoet
08-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Love this pose... actually I'd like to see a bit taken off of the bottom...did a "scoll down (or, would that be 'up?")" to eliminate just a bit of the thistle... which seems a bit bright and much.... and takes the viewer's eye from the GF somewhat. Great exposure on the blacks and yellows.... Really like the "inquisitive look".

PhilCook
08-13-2013, 09:08 PM
I like it pretty much as it is, lovely smooth backdrop, and rather like his skyward glance, exposure looks quite good. Althought the larger dead thistle heads are interesting, I personally find them a bit " in your face " and stealing a bit of attention from the bird itself

David Salem
08-14-2013, 12:05 AM
Nice pose and HA on this beautiful little bird. The exposure and detail look great and I like the smooth BG. Well done Karl.

Shawn Zierman
08-14-2013, 01:25 AM
I believe this one was given the moderater's pick on NSN and it is every bit deserving of it. Really sweet background, natural perch/food source/nesting material...so the image has somg great natural history cred. Really enjoy the pose of the bird, undertail detail, composition, and overall image quality.

Girish Prahalad
08-14-2013, 05:08 AM
simple & pleasing frame. lovely comp, details, BG & colors