PDA

View Full Version : Little Owl

Carl Day
08-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi All,

Here's an image from a new setup of mine, more to come soon if all goes well. Hope you like it!

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p373/Grimfangdango/Little_Owl_Tilting_Head_0165_zps1b763ae4.jpg

Canon 7D + Canon 500mm F4 IS + 1.4 - 1/320s ISO 200 F5.6

Cheers,

Carl.

www.carldayphotography.co.uk

Shawn Zierman
08-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Owlet then? Awfully cute bird and I enjoy the way it's posed on the really cool perch. The perch is so cool, I would not mind seeing even more of it, at the cost of the owl being smaller in the frame of course....The background is rich in color, well controlled, and perfect as far as any noise would go...Brilliant image sir.

Karl Egressy
08-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Very cute bird and well captured.

Randy Stout
08-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Karl:

Even though it is a man made perch, the rust,texture and curves makes it work very well, with the rounded shape of the owl.

Soft light helped. Some might wish for the darker eye to be brought up exposure wise, but I am good with it.

As an ophthalmologist, I enjoy the non consensual pupil reflexes that he displays. In humans, both pupils are linked so that they are of equal size, even if one eye is in the sun, one in the shade, but that isn't the case in birds, where the pupil size is independently controlled.

Neat.

Cheers

Randy

Shawn Zierman
08-14-2013, 01:38 AM
Cool observation by Randy regarding the pupils...never noticed that the first time around!

Carl Day
08-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't commented before, I've been away for a while only just got back.

Thanks for the comment's, much appreciated - I can't wait to back and spend some more time with them. I hadn't noticed the pupils Randy, interesting!

Cheers,

Carl.