PDA

View Full Version : Common blue damsleflies coupled

Jonathan Ashton
08-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Tripod Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro ISO 200 1/100 sec f8 the subject was back lit I provided fill in light using a reflector.
It was getting late afternoon and we had at last had a sunny day, the sun was low in the sky and I spotted this couple in various locations around the garden pond. When they landed here I could not believe it, the temperature dropped and they stayed there so I ended up using about 18GB at differing ISO and apertures and differing angles as they moved on the stem.. I have a closer image but I rather liked to see the tip of the plant stem.
All C&C welcome

Mitch Haimov
08-12-2013, 03:21 PM
You caught an interesting moment with your usual technical perfection. Comp works really well--the curve of the stem and the very cool tip add a lot to this image. BG excellent as well. VWD.

Steve Maxson
08-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Wow, Jon - you nailed this one! Nice light, good overall sharpness, interesting behavior captured, nice curve to the stem, and excellent background! Outstanding work!

Markus Jais
08-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Great shot. Wonderful soft light and clean BG. Good to have the both in focus.
Makes me want to try damselflies again soon!

Markus

Jason Stander
08-20-2013, 03:06 AM
Aaah Jonathon... this is awesome... beautiful exp and detail... love the comp and bg... the interaction makes this over the top... I am two minded whether to crop off the top of the stem... otherwise WD!:w3