PDA

View Full Version : Best IPS monitor

Brian Steele-Drew
08-12-2013, 03:25 AM
Can somebody please recommend a good IPS monitor for editing digital images [photographs?]. I have stopped posting as I only have a laptop and cannot edit correctly........very frustrating!. I live in South Africa so I am sure my choices are limited. Price wise I can stretch to 2000 usa dollars but cheaper would be good.
Thanks,
Brian

Tom Rambaut
08-12-2013, 04:15 AM
Have not posted on BPN for a while but used a laptop for a couple of years with a cheap 21 inch LG monitor connected. It was ok but now use a 27inch HP ZR 2740w and it is unreal. Under $1000.00 and is IPS. Fantastic monitor and the size is great to use for editing.

Juan Carlos Vindas
08-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Check some NEC monitors, the new technology is using W-LED IPS and GB-R LED IPS. The first one that I mention is standard gamut while the latter is wide gamut. 24" $1000-1300. I don't recomment going to the larger 27" even since is a lot bigger and nicer for photo editing since it uses 117Watts versus 39.5 on the other models.

DickLudwig
08-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Check some NEC monitors, the new technology is using W-LED IPS and GB-R LED IPS. The first one that I mention is standard gamut while the latter is wide gamut. 24" $1000-1300. I don't recommend going to the larger 27" even since is a lot bigger and nicer for photo editing since it uses 117 Watts versus 39.5 on the other models.
I would second this recommendation, the only addition I would make is to get a NEC SpectraView II model. This has built-in hardware monitor calibration which does a better job of calibration than monitors calibrated by software changes to the video card.

John Chardine
08-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi Brian- Apple users normally self-ID but in case you are, the Apple 27" Thunderbolt display is really excellent and comes in at about half your budget.

You may be able to get an Eizo for around what you want to spend but it will probably not be 27" wide.