PDA

View Full Version : Common blue (f)

Jonathan Ashton
08-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Monopod Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro ISO 500 1/1000 sec f9
This is the female, the brown colouration is not there in the male. I took the image in the morning on quite a cool day, the sun appeared intermittently and this one was catching a few rays to warm itself. I didn't apply NR to the background, now I have looked at the image maybe a little would not have gone amiss.
All C&C welcome.

Mitch Haimov
08-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Beautiful subject, good detail & sharpness. I'm glad you found another common blue! You seeing decent numbers now, or are they still rare?

Jonathan Ashton
08-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Mitch in the local fields, whilst walking Barney for approx 1 hour I currently expect to see about 4, so still not many yet. The weather has turned cooler and breezy and there are showers so the good butterfly weather has disappeared, hopefully next week will be better.

Stu Bowie
08-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi Jon, I like this unusual angle, comp work well, and you have brought out the detail and colours on the wings so well. Although the BG is fine as is, you know, if you apply NR to it, it will take this over the top. :w3

Anita Bower
08-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Such a lovely butterfly--subtle beauty. I like how it is perched on this grass, the diagonal line, how I can see the top of the grass, the bg, how the lighter diagonal in the bg takes my eye right to the butterfly. Lovely work.