PDA

View Full Version : King Bird in flight Full Spread

Amol Khedgikar
08-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi,

Posting after some time.

I found a good spot to shoot these in flight. Tried to get them all OK in the camera and finally I was happy with this image. What do you all think?

7D+500mm f4 @f5.6, Hand held, Manual Mode, 1/4000, ISO 400, some levels, Full frame as shot, enhanced the catchlight very slightly

David Smith
08-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I love the color and the way the wings are spread. I also like the sharpness and the head angle.. The only nitpik I have is that you cut off the wingtip.. Beautiful image...Dave

Amol Khedgikar
08-10-2013, 07:01 PM
THanks Dave.

WHat wingtip? This is exactly as shot. no crop at all. Just resized to post here.

Could you please explain what you are talking about?

PhilCook
08-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Wow, that's very nice. beautiful back light through the wide spread wings, sharp focus as well, your slight enhancement on the catchlight seems to of worked well, composed in the frame perfectly in my opinion. I'd be very pleased if this was my image

Markus Jais
08-11-2013, 03:18 AM
This is awesome. The fact that it is full frame is even more amazing.

I like the way the wings are spread, the amazing sharpness and the light on the bird.

Markus

Davidwilliams
08-11-2013, 03:37 AM
looks very sharp and no cropping of wings on my monitor
David

vishaljadhav
08-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Great one Amol, the wing spread looks amazing and crisp
i like the colours , you have handled it nicely

David Smith
08-11-2013, 09:16 AM
THanks Dave.

WHat wingtip? This is exactly as shot. no crop at all. Just resized to post here.

Could you please explain what you are talking about?
Sorry, but on my monitor, the right wingtip is croppped a little,.. However, looking at the thumbnail image used on your post, I see that the wingtip is not cropped.... Sorry, it is a beautiful image...Dave

Daniel Cadieux
08-11-2013, 10:12 AM
I like it a lot. For full-frame this is perfectly composed as far as a songbird flight image is concerned! The sun coming form above the subject gave you excellent translucence to the flight feathers. Good call on enhancing the catchlight.

Petros Petrou
08-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Excellent image. Great composition especially for a full frame image! Great sharpness and detail. TFS.

Amol Khedgikar
08-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Sorry, but on my monitor, the right wingtip is croppped a little,.. However, looking at the thumbnail image used on your post, I see that the wingtip is not cropped.... Sorry, it is a beautiful image...Dave

Thanks David for taking time to clarify that.