PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Dunlin

Evan Cain
08-10-2013, 05:42 PM
This is a shot from earlier in June when the Dunlin where moving through in their breeding plumage. Do you think I should have opened up a bit to get the wingtips in focus? Any thoughts on the lighting? It was quite strong when it set which kind of through me off since most of our sunsets are very soft light. Any other C&C is appreciated.
Xti
400 5.6
1/800--f5.6--ISO 200

Randy Stout
08-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Evan:

Strong colors, the blues and oranges always play well together. Strong lighting but well exposed and I don't find it harsh.

I would have considered pushing the ISO up to allow more flexibility on f/stop. A bit more dof for this type of shot would have been nice (to answer your question)

The upper blue background is very nice, not quite so thrilled about the dark sand behind the bill. I doubt you could have gotten much lower however to change it relative position to the bird.

Look forward to more.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
08-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Maybe the processing is a little contrasty, but I do not find the light quality harsh. Good low angle and feeding posture. As Randy I am not super thrilled about the dark band running behind the subject, and oh I wish it was water all the way down to the bottom edge for more of that reflection! Great colours and comp, details look great too...

Frank Schauf
08-12-2013, 02:41 AM
Nice sharp detail and low angle.