PDA

View Full Version : young white fir-tree

Valerio Tarone
08-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Nikkor 60 mmAF manual focus f6.3 1/30 +O,3 OEV wb shadow matrix ev.metering.
My attention was drawn by repeated lines and crossing shapes of dark and light .
comments, thanks.

Jonathan Ashton
08-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Valerio - good idea, I suggest you use AF servo (i.e. continuous focus) and a much faster shutter speed at this focal length say 1/250 sec. The concept is good but the image is not at all sharp. Hope this helps.

Valerio Tarone
08-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you Jonathan, this has been shot before your last tip(use larger aperture or higher iso). I suppose it could be more worked in PP to inmprove the sharpening.

Nancy Bell
08-10-2013, 04:49 PM
I also find the needles and colors of fir trees attractive. However there is no focus point here that is sharp. I agree with Jonathan about a faster shutter speed and a greater DOF. You could try a tripod as well.

Bill Jobes
08-10-2013, 07:53 PM
It'a very nice as an abstract treatment, but the lack of focus definition may hinder some from appreciating what you are attempting to convey.

Earlier suggestions are good ones; another approach in complex images lacking sharpness, is to experiment with creative blurs in post production.

Valerio Tarone
08-11-2013, 04:02 AM
thank you Nancy and Bill. I would like to upload a new sharpened copy,but my subscription is being to expire.

Valerio Tarone
08-12-2013, 01:37 PM
From the raw file I made USM and also High pass (overlay) to try to sharpen it. Thanks.

Anita Bower
08-13-2013, 05:49 AM
Valerio: The second image is sharper, but, the problem is that the lighter needles were not in focus to start out. Others have given good suggestions. I like your composition. Re. Photoshop, I recommend you try Adobe Elements. You can buy it for about $60. I have used Elements 10 for several years and find it completely satisfactory for the heavy editing I do. It does not do as much as Photoshop CS, but, it does enough, and has layers. I find it an economical choice.

Valerio Tarone
08-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Anita thank you. I use Nikon Capture as I use Nikon and so I'd been advised by my friends n.photographers. After some time to understand (I buyed the J.Odell's e-book) I'm satisfied.

Anita Bower
08-14-2013, 03:48 AM
Anita thank you. I use Nikon Capture as I use Nikon and so I'd been advised by my friends n.photographers. After some time to understand (I buyed the J.Odell's e-book) I'm satisfied.
Sounds good.