PDA

View Full Version : Multiple exposure

Cheryl Slechta
08-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I've been digging around for images that I'm going to use in my "photo encaustic" project (that's what they're calling it on the web) and came across this one that I took this spring in my friend's yard. It is an in-camera multiple exposure of a beautiful Japanese Magnolia - first the bark of the tree as texture and background and then the blossoms superimposed on top. I did some dodging and burning in PS.
Thanks for looking.:S3:

Kerry Perkins
08-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Cheryl, that is extremely cool! Would you believe I haven't even explored the multiple exposure feature on the camera yet? I haven't been very inspired by anything I've seen so far, but this gives me ideas! The two images work really well together.

Cheryl Slechta
08-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks, Kerry. You know, the main reason I bought the 5D Mark III was because of the multiple exposure feature but then I used it infrequently and usually on multiple exposures of the same image. I started experimenting recently with exposures of different items to collage and you can come up with some really cool effects. I've been walking around my garden picking 4-5 images to stack together and it's fun:S3:

Cheryl, that is extremely cool! Would you believe I haven't even explored the multiple exposure feature on the camera yet? I haven't been very inspired by anything I've seen so far, but this gives me ideas! The two images work really well together.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-18-2013, 09:19 AM
I really like the softness of the image Cheryl and the textures. I might consider toning down the branches of the trees, but that is just me.:S3: