PDA

View Full Version : Golden Lynx Spider

Jason Stander
08-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi all... trust that you are well?

This is an image of a golden lynx spider... perch on an autumn leave... just loved how the all the golden colours blended together.

Crits and comments are always welcome... ENJOY!:w3

Canon EOS 60D
Canon MPE 65mm 2.8
Canon MT24-EX Macro twinlite (diffused)

Aperture: f16
Shutter speed: 1/250s
ISO: 125
Metering: Spot

Diane Miller
08-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I LOVE this image!! The amount of OOF doesn't bother me, rather it keeps my eye on the wonderful details you got sharp, which strike me as the important ones. The rest is art!!

It feels just a tiny bit crowded on the top, but not a big deal.

Mitch Haimov
08-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Very well done, Jason! The light and colors work beautifully. Sharp where it needs to be, cool subject, subject nicely angled. I agree with Diane about the top, but everything else is so strong that it is easy to ignore the tightness up there. Superb work. Congrats.

Jonathan Ashton
08-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Super shot Jason, I too like the colours I think the pose and DOF are super too. The only suggestion I have is to add a little canvas to the left and remove a tad from the right. Are there eight eyes in total? I think I see two on top - under his eye brows!!

Anita Bower
08-09-2013, 08:39 AM
I like that the overall color is the same, yet the spider stands out. Excellent use of selective focus on the eyes. I also like that part of the leaf edge is in focus.

Jason Stander
08-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the all the comments and views!:w3

Linda Dulak
08-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Jason: I really like this image. Everything is a muted tone except the head which really stands out. He reminds me of some of the fanciful robots in some sci-fi movies with those long legs.

Linda

Nancy Bell
08-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Awesome image! Love the close-up, in-your-face view of this fierce little spider. Great spikes and angles of legs contrasting with the curves of the leaf. And just beautiful golden colors all around!

Jason Stander
08-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Thank you Linda and Nancy!... always appreciate the views and comments!:w3