PDA

View Full Version : Gullfoss

Roman Kurywczak
08-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Found some time to post (per capt. James suggestion) before I head off to Tanzania for 2&1/2 weeks. This was from my exploratory trip to Iceland this past June. (I have 3 spots left for 2014 tour). It was a magical landscape location in every sense. Gullfoss is a "tourist" trap falls at any time of day except sunset and sunrise....and that is probably because sunset happens after midnight and the sun rises around 2:30 am! Sleep during the day!

Manual 2 exposure blend ISO 100 at f/22 for 20 seconds on the FG and about 2.5 seconds on the sky. I tried to keep it as natural as possible. All tripod mounted.

If you have time....stop by and check out the relaunch of my website and blog by following the links below.

Keep shooting and see you when I get back!!!

Cheryl Slechta
08-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Wow, Roman, this looks like a dramatic place to visit. I especially like the pink light reflected in the pools of water. Have a great trip to Tanzania:S3:

dankearl
08-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Surreal looking Roman.
The sky is spectacular and the water has surprizing detail for a 20 sec. exposure.

Valerio Tarone
08-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Roman, I think (althought i never been) Iceland as nature haven! The image:first :rut, dramatic sky, good the diagonal line of the waterfall. Enjoy yourself!!!!

John Ippolito
08-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Roman,

Nice job on the composition - the eye follows the canyon up to the drama of the big water with the multitude of falls. The sky is sublime, and a nice touch with that sky color reflected in the pools. Lovely work as always. Enjoy Tanzania!

Morkel Erasmus
08-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Hey Roman - yes you should post more! :cheers:

Lovely mood and colours and a grand composition. Tonally if feels a bit "flat", just a smidge. This RP may be too much but dodge FG midtones and highlights just a tad and added back some 15 points midtone contrast.
WDYT?

Andrew McLachlan
08-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi Roman, another beauty...was this with the 12-24mm again? I like Morkel's repost a little more due to the added contrast. I love the rugged terrain surrounding the falls and river...hope to get there someday!

Mark Dumbleton
08-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Great image! Like the light and composition. Morkels repost adds a bit more punch to an already great image!

Vivaldo Damilano
08-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Stunning scene Roman, love the sky and composition. I do like the extra contrast Morkel added, it's slight but works nicely.