PDA

View Full Version : Nature's Palette

Judy Howle
08-07-2013, 08:51 PM
I made this photo today with my iPhone but it was edited completely on the computer with Photoshop (Topaz Adjust and later, Oil Paint). I opened the first version with just Adjust in Artista Oil Paint and Aquarella and I combined all three images and at some point I used the Oil Paint filter on one layer.

Nancy Bell
08-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Fabulous colors, lines & textures! The blues are a great contrast to the shades of red. I have no idea what the base image could be.

Diane Miller
08-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Lovely, and great colors. Some sort of bark? I'd think eucalyptus but doubt you have them down there. Next guess would be crape myrtle.

Judy Howle
08-08-2013, 01:54 PM
You got it Diane! Crepe myrtle bark. That was the biggest crepe myrtle I've ever seen! Some of the individual trunk sections were 4 +" across!

Lovely, and great colors. Some sort of bark? I'd think eucalyptus but doubt you have them down there. Next guess would be crape myrtle.

Cheryl Slechta
08-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Judy, I think I might have the largest crape myrtle I've ever seen - I planted it outside my kitchen window in 1986, it's multi-trunked and the biggest trunk is
11" wide. (I just went outside and measured it:S3:) It's shedding bark right now in huge sheets that look like antler velvet so I knew as soon as I saw your image what it was. I like the processing.

Judy Howle
08-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks Cheryl. Wow, that sounds like a huge one. Some of these trunks may have been 5 -6 inches wide but the whole tree was huge. It was at a nursery right beside the building. I went nuts when I saw the bark peeling off and all I had was the iPhone but it did great!

Kerry Perkins
08-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Nice transformation Judy! I was going to guess eucalyptus or sycamore tree. I guess I was barking up the wrong tree! :eek3: The city I call home has thousands of crape myrtle trees and they are all blooming right now - beautiful trees.

Judy Howle
08-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks Kerry! Yes we have lots of them around here too. I have 3 in my yard but we never pruned the tops and they are just tall and skinny and they never have many blooms. Need to do that this fall/winter!