PDA

View Full Version : Scissor tail

Dan Walker
05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Got this guy this morning just after first light. I wish the bottom wire wasnt there.
Nikon D80, 300 F4 x 1.4, 1/400 5.6 ISO 200

Comments/critiques appreciated

Dan

Lana Hays
05-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Dan
I was thinking the same thing about that bottom wire.......but wow.....what a beautiful scissor tail. I'd just love to see one. BG colors are very complimentary to the wonderful colors of this one. Well done.

John Harper
05-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Dan

With your permission, a rather crude attempt at the Quick Mask technique outlined in the APATS CD its the first time I have played about with this, but it certainly is much easier than cloning for large areas.

Would no doubt look better on the larger file size...and with someone more experienced doing it ...but it gives you an idea of what can be done with Photoshop.

John

Dan Walker
05-08-2008, 05:46 PM
John,
No problem reworking my image, its a great way to learn. Rework looks great. I tried cloning the wire out after I posted this the other night and it looked good, but yours is much better. You forgot one thing, the shadow of the wire, but excellent work. I was about to buy the APATS CD last week, but found out it wont work with Elements, the only program I have... one day though. Thanks for putting the time into this.

Dan

Doug Brown
05-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Nicely done on the repost John! And pretty good raw material to work with.

Brutus Ostling
05-12-2008, 04:32 PM
What a nice bird! Wish we had that one in Europe. A nice birdc to mak such a nice portrait of. (Well, I don't hink we have it here, but Eurasia is big too so maybe,)

I experience no bigger difference between the photos. If it's art I would prefer the manipulated one, but the difference isn't so big, if it would be a documentary shot for Nat.Geo or some other magazine of course the original.